I’ve been remiss on giving an update now for about a week, so here is a quick overview of what’s been going on with the Student Ministry.
Frontline: Had a great night of games, worship and teaching. Played another round of The Price is Right, which led to a discussion on Jesus paying the price for all of our sins. As a Christian, there are times when we take for granted the grace of God as expressed in Jesus Christ. But we were reminded that Christ died for our sins, even though we were sinners and enemies of God at the time. I am always amazed when I think on the powerful love of Christ.
Sunday: Had our semi-regular parent meeting following the worship service. I enjoyed having a good turnout for the meeting, and hope that it was worthwhile to attend. We discussed upcoming events, important dates, and gave parents an opportunity to ask questions. Below is a list of upcoming events that I would ask you to take note of.
- Disciple Now Weekend – April 29-May 1
- “What Not to Wear” Girls Event – May 13 (evening)
- Youth Sunday- May 22, also will be Senior Recognition Sunday (for HS Seniors)
- HS Summer Camp – June 20-24
- JH Summer Camp – June 27-July 1
- Prague Mission Trip (HS Only) – July 7-16
- Vacation Bible School – July 18-22
I hope your child will plan to be involved with as many of these events as possible. I am anticipating a great summer!